Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sales Force Challenges Analysis

SFC Analysis always starts with the basics . Understanding SFC is all about asking the right questions :
Where are we , Where we want to go & How do we go there . ???

The following are some sample questions . Make your own list pertaining to your environment & try answering them . You will have action plan for this quarter & the year . If you need any help write a comment to this article with your email address . We will help you come out with Right Action Plan 





External-Customer Issues :

  • Is your customer buying process changing ??
  • Are your Customers consolidating.
  • Are your Customers getting more sophisticated & knowledgeable
  • Are your Customers buying globally or looking for one global vendor
  • How do I change my selling process and sales force organization to accommodate the above changes?
  • Are transactional and consultative market segments are emerging.
  • Should I go direct? Should I go indirect?
  • If indirect then how can my sales force support my channel partners?

External-Environmental Issues

  • The economy is growing rapidly - how do I manage the growth?
  • We may be in a recession - what do I do with my sales force?
  • How do I incorporate the Internet into my Go-to-Market Strategy?
  • How is technology changing the way that I need to sell?
  • The unemployment rate is high - how do I upgrade my sales force?
  • The unemployment rate is down - how do I attract and retain good people.
  • Our industry is getting deregulated - how do I adapt my selling organization?

External-Competitive Issues

  • How do I use our sales force for competitive advantage?
  • How do I restructure in the face of global competitors?
  • Our competitors are more customer focused - what do I do?
  • Am I losing my sales staff to competition - How should I protect my data , Retain experience ??

Internal-Strategy Shifts

  • How do I create a sales force?
  • How do I effectively integrate selling organizations after a merger, acquisition or alliance?
  • How do I change my sales force to successfully launch a new product or enter a new market?
  • How do we move from a product focus to a customer focus?
  • How do I adapt my selling organization to a new selling motion?
  • What should our service offering be?
  • Do we need to redefine our selling proposition?
  • How do I implement change without sacrificing revenue and profitability?

Internal-Performance Enhancement

  • How do I measure sales force performance?
  • How do I create the best sales force in the industry?
  • How do I ensure that I can make the sales goal?
  • How do I lower my cost of sales? How do I get more sales for less cost?
  • How can I motivate our salespeople and sales managers?
  • How can I increase the quality of our salespeople and sales managers?
  • Half of our people are using an outmoded selling model - what should I do?
  • How do we get everyone aligned behind the sales strategy?
  • What is the right size and structure for my sales force?
  • Who should we call on? How frequently?
  • How should we manage strategic accounts?
  • How much should I pay my salespeople? What is the role of incentives?
  • What is the best training program?
  • How can I get sales and marketing to cooperate?
  • How can I use technology effectively?
  • How can I establish territory potential?
  • How do I reduce turnover?
  • How do I create a high-performance sales force culture?

No comments: